Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Freelance Soul

My first effort at food photography. The soup, by the way, was fine; I'll add noodles later, to shake things up. I daresay were I Laurie Colwin I would have jazzed it up with Thai chili paste or lime pickle or somesuch, but I'm dull that way. A hunk of cheese (something cheddar-like from the greenmarket) on the side did me just fine.

The State of the Larder
: So-so. I have the formentioned squash;one portion leftover jambalaya (made this for Mardi Gras, of course); about 2 T spinach I felt guilty tossing; leftover eggplant from the Saigon Grill which was kind of bland and greasy. Not sure about dinner; I think I'll walk the 3 miles to Williamsburg and see what catches my eye at Marlow and Daughters - perhaps an intriguing chicken sausage? With broccoli rabe? Oh, wait, there's sausage in that old jambalaya. Life is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment