Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Supper


I recently wrote a post on Jezebel about all the heartbreakingly beautiful lifestyle blogs and how demoralizing they can be. Someone made a comment, though, that really made me think: "featuring just those parts of my life that are really nice inspires me," she wrote. And I think there's a lot to that. It's something to aspire to, something to work towards, and in the spirit of "whistle a happy tune," taking special care with one thing - faking a beautiful life - can make it more true.

Anyway, I'm trying to take more pictures and keep more of a record - especially nice when I'm on my own, in the Judith Jonesy spirit of treating oneself. Last night's meal was nothing fancy, but here goes: salad, and then halibut baked with minced shallots, melted butter and a little smoked paprika. Fingerlings and marinated asparagus on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment